What is a Position?
The League of Women Voters takes action on an issue only when we have a position addressing that particular issue. Members must study and come to consensus on an issue, in order to form a position. This thorough grassroots process ensures that our advocacy is well considered by a broad range of people, understood by our members, and we have a sense of the political environment.
QUALITY PRESCHOOL EDUCATION
North Pinellas County Positions
- POSITION: Support every child in FL with a quality preschool education
- Support federal policies that provide an equitable, quality public education for all children pre-K through grade 12.
- Support policies and programs that promote the well-being, development and safety of all children.
- Support early childhood education programs that include funding for parent education and involve child development, health, nutrition, and access to other supportive services, such as mental health care for all children and families.
All North Pinellas County Subscribed Positions
- State and local Leagues, and individual League members, have a critical role to play in helping to limit future climate change and protect the planet.
MEETING BASIC HUMAN NEEDS
- The League of Women Voters of the United States believes that one of the goals of social policy in the United States should be to promote self-sufficiency for individuals and families and that the most effective social programs are those designed to prevent or reduce poverty.
- Promote an environment beneficial to life through the protection and wise management of natural resources in the public interest.
- Promote an open governmental system that is representative, accountable and responsive.
- Secure equal rights and equal opportunity for all. Promote social and economic justice, and the health and safety of all Americans.