Vision – Beliefs – Intentions
The goal of the League of Women Voters is to empower citizens to shape better communities worldwide. The LWV of the United States over-arching principles are found here.
We are a Nonpartisan Political Membership Organization
- acts after study and member agreement to achieve solutions in the public interest on key community issues at all government levels.
- builds citizen participation in the democratic process.
- engages communities in promoting positive solutions to public policy issues through education and advocacy.
Our Education Fund is a Public Policy Educational Organization that:
- Builds citizen participation in the democratic process.
- Studies key community issues at all governmental levels in an unbiased manner.
- Enables people to seek positive solutions to public policy issues through education and conflict management.
We believe in:
- respect for individuals
- the value of diversity
- the empowerment of the grassroots, both within the League and in communities
- act with trust, integrity and professionalism
- operate in an open and effective manner to meet the needs of those we serve, both members and the public
- take the initiative in seeking diversity in membership
- acknowledge our heritage as we seek our path to the future.